Monday, January 17, 2011

Sleeping through the night

About the last 3 months I was pregnant with Bo I didn't sleep very well at night. Everyone would tell me oh you better enjoy your sleep now because when the baby comes you won't get any sleep. I would tell them oh well I don't sleep now so I don't think it will be a problem when he is born cuz I am used to it. WELL the difference is when I was still pregnant with him I could lay in bed and not HAVE to get up. After he was born I HAD to get up. Well he is 2 now and he has been sleeping in his own bed for about 6 months. He still doesn't sleep through the night and around 4 AM he comes into the living room and says Mommy come back here. It is so cute. So anyway the other night he slept the whole night through. I woke up at 4 AM however and listened for him. Didn't hear anything. So I layed in my bed and waited. Still nothing. So at 5 AM I got up and walked down to his room to check on him. He was laying on his pillow sleeping so soundly. He looked like such a big boy it brought tears to my eyes. I thought since he was born I have wanted him to sleep through the night so I could. But what happened when he did? Mommy couldn't sleep. I started to think will I ever sleep all the way through the night again or as a Mom will you always wake up to listen for your kids??
Bo sleeping with his blankey

No comments:

Post a Comment