Sunday, January 23, 2011

Region Champs

Yesterday was the Region Drill Team Competition held at our high school. Brooke is on the the team and we were all so excited to go and watch the girls dance.They did 3 dances: Military, Jazz and Kick.
Brooke is on the Kick dance team and I think this is their best dance :). The girls took 1st on all of their dances and 1st in Region. They work so hard everyday and  have amazing coaches!


I was a ball player in high school and I have to admit I didn't really pay that much attention to the drill team then. But now I go to ball games to watch the drill team dance at half time. It's funny how things change. Of course I like to watch the ball games too.


Now it's on to the State Tournament in February. Duchesne Talons are 7 time state Drill Team Champs! At region they announced that it is a State of Utah record. No other school has won that many times in a row!! That is so impressive and we are a small 1A school too! Go girls!!
Brooke holding the trophy



That's one proud daddy! Brooke made the shirts Tracy and Bo are wearing


Look at that kick!






The Duchesne Talons

I know this was kind of a brag post but I am so proud of Brooke! This is her first year at Duchesne High School and she has accomplished so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment