Saturday, January 1, 2011

Menu for the New Year!

Here it is the first menu of 2011! Wow it’s hard to believe another year has gone by.
I had a lot of fun making this menu and I am excited to try some of the new recipes I found!
The Southwestern Goulash on last times menu from For the Love Of Cooking Blog was DELICIOUS!!! I loved the cilantro in it!!

January 1st 2011 to January 14th 2011
Saturday ,January 1st
Mexican Meat Loaf served with fried potatoes and green beans
I found this recipe on my friend Jeannie’s blog, Blessed to be home. I have had my regular meat loaf recipe on my menu a few times but I would always skip it and have leftovers. Don’t get me wrong my meat loaf recipe if really good and easy but it just wasn’t cutting it for me.  I am so excited to try this on the first day of the year!! Thanks for sharing this recipe Jeannie!
Sunday, January 2nd
Easy BBQ Pork Chops (Yes this one was on my last menu too but I didn’t get around to making it, had too many leftovers.  It is hard for me to just make a little of dinner and we don’t eat a lot at our house. My family likes this as they get a lot of our leftovers the next day. It’s nice to share! )
Pork Loin Chops with or without the bone
1 can Stewed Tomatoes
½ to 1 bottle BBQ Sauce
Trim fat from pork and brown the chops in butter. Transfer chops to crock pot smother with BBQ sauce and pour in tomatoes. Cook for 6-10 hours on low.
Monday, January 3rd
Tuesday, January 4th   Happy Birthday Dad!
Taco Salad with a Twist from Taste of Home Cookbook
1 pound ground beef 1 package (11 oz) torn iceberg and romaine lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup sliced green onions
1 can 16 oz kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
8 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
1 cup Green Goddess salad dressing
½ cup sour cream
Cook beef in skillet rinse and drain.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the beef, beans and corn chips. Drizzle with the salad dressing toss to coat. Serve immediately with sour cream.
Wednesday, January 5th
Lumpia’s (egg rolls)
These are one of our family’s favorite meals. My mom has been making them for years
Thursday, January 6th
Canadian Bacon, Green Chile and Cheddar Quiche this is from For the Love of Cooking Blog
Friday, January 7th
Leftovers!
Saturday, January 8th
Brooke’s Drill Team Competition. Eating out
Sunday, January 9th
Santa Fe Soup My sister Jacquie gave me this recipe and I fell in love with it!
1 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
1 pound ground beef cooked
1 can of corn with liquid (I drain ½ the liquid)
1 can kidney beans undrained
1 can diced tomatoes with herb chilies (I use diced tomatoes with green chilies)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
Combine all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours
Serve with Fritos, sour cream, salsa, or whatever sounds good
Monday, January 10th
Chicken Lo Mein
Tuesday, January 11th
Belgian Waffles and eggs. My mom and dad gave me a Belgian waffle maker for Christmas and I really want to try it out. We are not an eat a big breakfast family so we will have it for dinner. I can’t wait!
Wednesday, January 12th Happy Birthday Jacquie
Baked Chicken and Cheese Taquitos from For the Love of Cooking Blog
Served with salad
Thursday, January 13th
Leftovers
Friday, January 14th
Sweet and Sour Pork and a vege

No comments:

Post a Comment