Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fall is in the air

I love Fall. It is my favorite season. Tracy's, Bo's and my birthdays are all in the fall as well as hunting season. Also in the Fall I get the urge to cook a lot more. I have bought 5 new cookbook magazines at the check-out counter at the grocery store. I have made a couple of really good recipes too. One is a fruit dip and the other is for a chicken sandwich. Both are really yummy and very easy to make. I will add the recipes for them.

The only problem with Fall is it doesn't last long enough and winter follows too closely.

BBQ Chicken Sandwich from the Taste of Home
1/2 cup chopped onion ( I hate onions so I left this out)
1/2 cup diced celery
1 garlic clove minced
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 cup Salsa
1/2 cup Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
2 cups Shredded Chicken
6 Hamburger Buns

In a large sauce pan, saute the onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the salsa, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve about 1/3 of a cup on each bun.
 I put sliced cheese on as well.


The Best Peanut Butter Dip from Fun Family Cooking Book
1/2 cup Peanut Butter ( I used chunky and it worked too)
1 cup nonfat Vanilla yogurt

Mix the 2 together and dip fruit in it.
I used Strawberries, Apples and Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment